Monkey see, monkey do

 I made a cake on Saturday, with a interesting name: Meter cake and I thought it would last till Sunday...but until Saturday evening, the cake was gone and I need to make a new cake for Sunday....but I didn't have enough ingredients for another meter, so I was in trouble.
I searched for edible stuff in my kitchen and I found bananas, butter biscuits and chocolate. And with little creative thinking, it was more than enough.



So here it is, Monkey see, monkey do:

Ingredients:

For "batter"
about 800 g butter cookies (petit beurre)
warm milk (chocolate milk is even better) 

Chocolate cream:

1.5 L of milk

15 tablespoons of flour

10 -12 tablespoons of sugar (more or less, depending on how sweet you like)
150 g dark chocolate 
2 Tablespoon of margarine (butter)
2-4 ml of rum (optionally, I adore rum, so I put a bit more: D)
1 vanilla sugar
bananas 
The more bananas, the better :)



Cream: Combine 500 ml od milk with sugar and flour in a sauce pan and mix together until the sugar and flour are dissolved. In a separate sauce pan, start cooking the rest of milk (1 L) over low heat. Place the pot with the egg mixture over a medium heat. When the milk starts to boil, add the mixture and stir well until a cream becomes thick. Remove a cream from heat and chocolate, vanilla sugar, rum (optional), and margarine.

In a baking pan put an aluminum foil. Soak butter cookies in a bowl of milk (not too much, so they don't fall apart) and arrange cookies in a first layer, covering the plate. Cover the top of the petit beurres with cream, and then a single layer of sliced bananas. Repeat twice, until you have three layers of petit beurres. Spread the last of the cream over the top and swirl it lightly with a spoon.  

Refrigerate for at least six hours, or until the biscuits have softened completely. Take a plate (bigger a than a pan) and hold the plate and pan firmly together, quickly and carefully flip the pan and the plate so that the pan is on top. Tap the pan sharply a few times all round with a wooden spoon, then lift off and take off the aluminum foil. Spread remaining cream over the cake. Decorate with grated chocolate, or a whipping cream.  








Miš Maš


"tijesto" 
oko 800 g petit keksa
toplog mlijeka (čokoladno ili s kraš expresom je još bolje)

Fil iliti papica (posuđen od mađarice)
1,5 L mlijeka
15 žlica brašna
10 -12 žlica šećera (ili više-manje, ovisno kako slatko volite)
150 g čokolade za kuhanje 
2 žlica margarina
2 žlice ruma (opcionalno, ja obožavam rum, pa malo više to stavim )
1 vanili šećer
banane - što više to bolje banana
 


Priprema
U tepsiju stavimo alu foliju. Namočimo petit kekse u mlijeko (ne previše da se raspadaju) i prekrijemo dno tepsije. Namažemo kremom, poslažemo banane isjeckane na kolutiće (oguljene dakako :D). I tako po želji u visinu slažemo, završimo, dakako, s keksima. Ostavimo preko noći u hladnjaku. Sutra dan preokrenemo tepsiju na neku tacnu i skinemo alu foliju, premažemo šlagom ili meni je ostalo fila pa sam s tim. Posipamo naribanom čokoladom.

A fil se pravi tipično, litra mlijeka se stavi na vatru da zavrije, za to vrijeme pomiješamo u pola litre mlijeka brašno i šećer, dodamo u zavrelu litru mlijeka i miješamo na vatri dok se ne zgusne. Dodamo čokoladu, vanili šećer, rum (opcionalno) i margarin.



Never interrupt me when I'm eating a banana.
Ryan Stiles

4 komentari:

  1. My mom use to make meter cake a lot when I was a kid. It was attraction to everybody. So delicious, soft..you brought some memories to me:))
    It looks amazing!
    Hvala/Thank you for sharing!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, I hope you'll like my last post, It's just for you :)
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that post as I was looking what is new over here:) Thank you so much, I can tell you how much I appreciate what you did!
    Photos on the other one are exactly as I remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative and delicious thing.. or do you call it cake or..slice.. doesn't matter what, but it looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Newsletter

Subscribe Our Newsletter

Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.